Who Is Jack Ma?
Jack Ma is a person who started off his career as a temporary English teacher but stamped himself as a brand. He is a popular Chinese business tycoon, politician, and investor. Jack Ma is a global ambassador for Chinese businesses.
A famous multinational technology conglomerate, named ‘Alibaba Group’ was founded by him. Currently, he is serving as the executive chairman of the company. The company is run successfully by him as, according to Jack Ma, it makes “One million…a day”.
He is considered as one of the wealthiest and powerful businessmen in the world. According to the Forbes list of ‘World’s Most Powerful People’, he is ranked 21st.
What Is Jack Ma’s Age?
Ma Yun, popularly known as Jack Ma, was born on September 10, 1964, in Hangzhou, China. According to his birth date, he is currently 55 years old.
Jack Ma’s Physical Statistics
- Born name: Ma Yun
- Nickname: Jack Ma
- Gender: Male
- Profession: Entrepreneur, Politician, Investor
- Famous for: Ali Baba Group
- Height: 5 feet 3inches or 1.61 m
- Weight: 56kg
- Nationality: Chinese
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Zodiac sign: Virgo
- Religion: Christianity
- Eye color: Black
- Hair color: Black/ Brown
- Siblings: 2
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/ Spouse: Cathy Zhang
- Children: 3 children
- School: Local High School
- University: Hangzhou Normal University
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in English
What Is The Net Worth Of Jack Ma?
According to 2020, Jack ma’s estimated net worth of around US$41.3 billion.
Jack Ma is one of the richest men in China and in the world. By the launch of Ali Baba Group, Jack Ma found substantial success and has also ventured into many other businesses.
Jack Ma’s Family
- Jack Ma was born to Ma Laifa and Cui Wencai. His parents were both musicians and storytellers, by profession.
- Due to limited means of income, Jack Ma was raised by his parents in a poor but happy household.
- From a very young age, Jack Ma was passionate to learn English. His endeavor to pursue his goals made him earn Bachelor’s degree in English.
- Jack Ma has two siblings.
- Jack Ma tied the knot with Zhang Ying in the early 1980’s. They both met while studying at Hangzhou Normal University and wed right after their graduation.
Jack Ma’s Career
- After his graduation, Jack Ma applied for over 30 jobs and was rejected by all.
- In 1995, he went to the United States with his friends and came to know about the internet. At that time the internet was not common in China so Jack Ma created websites for Chinese companies.
- Later, Jack Ma headed a company for China International E-Commerce Center, in 1998.
- A year later he became the founder of Ali Baba Group.
- In 2017, he appeared in the short film ‘Gong Shou Dao.’
Jack Ma’s Awards
- Top Ten Economic Personalities of the Year (2004)
- Young Global Leader (2005)
- 25 Most Powerful Businessperson in Asia (2005)
- Businessperson of the Year (2007)
- World’s Best CEOs (2008)
- Entrepreneur of the year (2014)
- World’s 50 Greatest Leaders (2017)
- Honorary Doctoral Degree (2018)