You’d be seeing a lot of news roaming around related to Coronavirus. It can be hard to differentiate between a common cold and coronavirus.
Coronavirus is a disease that was seen for the first time and had been growing ever since in China. This disease has been transferred to many surrounding countries like India. It closely resembles a common cold. However, severe cases of Coronavirus have caused death. Approximately 170 people in China have become victims of this disease and have, unfortunately lost their lives. The numbers keep on increasing every day while more people keep on getting infected from it.
As mentioned above, Coronavirus has many traits that resemble the common cold. Some of these symptoms are:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Kidney failure
Coronavirus can also cause pneumonia or bronchitis as well. People with a weaker immune system are more prone to it.
Coronavirus is caused by many reasons; most of the time, it is merely the lack of hygiene in-between humans. Sneezing without covering the nose, coughing openly, shaking hands without sanitizing it, and many other unhygienic factors cause’ Coronavirus to not only grow but also severely infect a person without even realizing it. Coronavirus is caused in the upper respiratory tract. It is the result of people inhaling the air where infected people cough or sneeze, hence allowing the germs a place inside the body to live and grow.
So far, there is no cure or a treatment for Coronavirus. However, there are a few measures that one can take in case they are infected with this disease.
- Take large intakes of water in a day.
- Take complete bed rest.
- Do NOT smoke, not stay in the company of smokers.
- Stay in a clean and sterilized room.
- Take the necessary medication for fever and body-ache.
There are six kinds of human Coronavirus:
- Alpha coronaviruses 229E.
- Alpha coronaviruses NL63.
- Beta coronaviruses OC43.
- Beta coronaviruses HKU1.
- Beta coronaviruses SARS-CoV.
- Beta coronaviruses MERE-CoV.
There are a few measures then you can take to avoid getting infected with Coronavirus:
- Avoid sneezing and coughing openly. Always cover your mouth with a mask or a cloth while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid shaking hands or touching people who are infected with Coronavirus, or maintain your distance if you’re the one infected with it.
- Avoid touching random places anywhere outdoors.
- Always keep a sanitizer with you and use it openly.
- Always use antibacterial soap.
- Keep your house sterilized.
- Avoid eating street food or junk food.
- Do not share your water bottle or cutlery with anyone.
This is all that you must know about Coronavirus to stay alert and watch out for its symptoms before it gets to you. Take all the necessary precautions, and even then, if you get infected by it, follow the treatment methods to at least keep the disease at bay. Maintaining the conditions at bay through following the tips above will allow you to control the disease from getting you infected even further towards a severe condition.