The Crown is a historical drama series based on the life incidents of Queen Elizabeth II. The drama series has already released 5 seasons previously and it will be coming back with a new season now. The fans are addicted to the historical drama because it portrays the real-life story of Queen Elizabeth II and has been renewed for another installment. In this post let’s get to know about The Crown Season 6 and all the details that you are curious to know about the drama series.
Is Netflix coming out with The Crown Season 6?
The Crown was going to end with Season 5 and Netflix had announced that The Crown will be concluded with Season 5. Netflix has scrapped the idea of concluded the drama with Season 5 because of various reasons. Netflix who are the official broadcasters of The Crown has released the following statement for The Crown Season 6.
‘’As we started to discuss the storylines for Series 5, it soon became clear that in order to do justice to the richness and complexity of the story we should go back to the original plan and do six seasons,” creator Peter Morgan said in a statement.’’
Who will be in the cast of The Crown Season 6?
The cast of The Crown has been the same for the previous 5 seasons and we are expecting the same cast for The Crown Season 6 is as follows:
- Claire Foy(seasons 1–2) and Olivia Colman (season 3) as Queen Elizabeth II
- Matt Smith(seasons 1–2) and Tobias Menzies (season 3) as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Vanessa Kirby(seasons 1–2) and Helena Bonham Carter (season 3) as Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
- Eileen Atkins as Queen Mary (season 1)
- Jeremy Northam as Anthony Eden (seasons 1–2)
- Victoria Hamilton(seasons 1–2) and Marion Bailey (season 3) as Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
- Ben Miles as Group Captain Peter Townsend (season 1, featured season 2)
- Greg Wise(seasons 1–2) and Charles Dance (season 3) as Louis, Earl Mountbatten of Burma
- Jared Harris as King George VI (season 1, featured season 2)
- John Lithgow as Winston Churchill (season 1, featured seasons 2–3)
- Alex Jennings(seasons 1–2) and Derek Jacobi (featured season 3) as Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor
- Lia Williams(seasons 1–2) and Geraldine Chaplin (season 3) as Wallis, Duchess of Windsor
- Matthew Goode(season 2) and Ben Daniels (season 3) as Antony Armstrong-Jones, Earl of Snowdon
- Jason Watkins as Harold Wilson (season 3)
What will be the plot of The Crown Season 6?
The plot of The Crown Season 6 will not have an extended timeline and the incidents and plots from The Crown Season 5 will be explored in The Crown season 6. The drama will not focus on the present day and will cover the same period that has been shown in the previous seasons. The makers have revealed that the drama will not focus on stories of Meghan and Duchess of Sussex so the fans shouldn’t expect to see something related to that. The Crown will cover the royal family in the year 2000 and the latest royal babies and weddings wouldn’t be covered.
What is the release date of The Crown Season 6?
The release date of The Crown Season 6 hasn’t been revealed by Netflix or the makers as yet. The drama series will be coming out sometime in 2021. The production procedure has just started and it will take some time for the makers to release the episodes and the new season.