The Israeli army is preparing for the expected mass protests at Gaza border for possible escalation of the situation. The organizers of the protests have called for today to the “One Million March”.

On the 30. March marks the anniversary of the beginning of the demonstrations at the border fence, where it came often to violent clashes with Israeli soldiers. The United Nations and the Federal government called on both sides to show restraint.

the protests were killed, according to the Ministry of health in Gaza so far, more than 260 Palestinians and thousands injured. An Israeli soldier was shot and killed.

The National Committee of the “March of return,” announced that it will give similar protests in Israel, in Jerusalem and the West Bank, as well as in several Arab and European countries. There will be calling for confrontations with Israeli soldiers. To the Committee of the “March of return” also include representatives of the Gaza’s ruling radical Islamic Hamas, which is classified by Israel, the EU and the US as a terrorist organization.

The Foreign office warned: “The risk of a highly dangerous escalation on the border between Gaza and Israel is obvious.” The right to peaceful Protest was also applicable in the Gaza strip, it said in a statement. But: “This right must not – as we have always seen – as a pretext for incitement, or to be abused, to practice violence out from the crowd or to legitimize acts of violence.”

Israel has imposed more than ten years ago, a Blockade on the coastal territory, which is supported by Egypt. Both countries justify this with security interests.

The Palestinians are calling for the protests, among other things, a lifting of the Blockade. Also, you insist on a right to return to areas that today belong to Israel. At the same time, Palestinians commemorate the 30. In March, the “land day”, always a massive Land grabs and six Israeli Arabs, on 30. March 1976, were killed in the village of Sachnin the Israeli police. They had protested against the confiscation of Arab land.

Egypt and the United Nations shall endeavour, according to media reports of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. This, at least to a preliminary agreement between the two sides until after the parliamentary elections in Israel on March 9. In April, it said.

On Monday, a rocket fired from the Gaza strip had destroyed a house North-East of Tel Aviv. Seven people suffered injuries, including small children. Then Israel’s air force destroyed three buildings in the Hamas in the Gaza strip, including the office of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh. A total of seven Palestinians had been injured, said the Ministry of health in Gaza.

dpa

SHARE
Previous articleMueller report to be in mid-April publik
Next articleA spectacular discovery: researchers discover the longest salt cave in the world
Teodora Torrendo is an investigative journalist and is a correspondent for European Union. She is based in Zurich in Switzerland and her field of work include covering human rights violations which take place in the various countries in and outside Europe. She also reports about the political situation in European Union. She has worked with some reputed companies in Europe and is currently contributing to USA News as a freelance journalist. As someone who has a Masters’ degree in Human Rights she also delivers lectures on Intercultural Management to students of Human Rights. She is also an authority on the Arab world politics and their diversity.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here