There are tons of ways to cure back pain, and you could even attempt to treat it by simply exercising. However, doing so will not cure the problem entirely. Exercise is highly effective in treating back pain; however, there are limits to what it can do. It cannot be used as a substitute for surgery or corticosteroid injections, as those treatments often provide much better results than exercise.
Possible causes of back pain
Causes of back pain include the following:
- A herniated disk in the neck: Back pain can occur when a herniated disk is present in the spinal A physician should treat the following conditions experienced as numbness in the hands and feet.
- Arachnoiditis: In the case of arachnoiditis, an inflammation of the outer layer of the spinal cord might occur. This could lead to pain, numbness, and tingling in the legs and back.
- A herniated disk in the lower back: A herniated disk or ruptured disk is present when the inner fibers of the spinal cord push through a weak outer area. The payout physician’s advice sensitive nerve endings.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a nerve injury that occurs where the sciatic nerve passes through a bony canal that can be injured from a fall or from rotating your body too much. It is a painful condition characterized by leg numbness and tingling sensations down the legs, sometimes even the feet. Sciatica can also cause pain in the buttocks, thighs, hip, and gluteal muscles and nausea, vomiting, and fatigue.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome: It is caused by the compression of the posterior nerve roots found in this area. These nerves pass through a large canal that is located in the lower back area. The place where these nerves pass can narrow suddenly, making it hard for blood to flow through this area while also having the potential to cause damage to the nerves themselves. Primarily, Cauda Equina Syndrome affects men over 50 years of age and people with degenerative discs, spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, or injury to the spinal cord.
- Headache: When headache is caused by the severe stress of chronic back and short-term to disrupt sleep patterns. There are, however, other forms of headaches caused by back pain as well.
- Spasm of muscles: This is a common form of back pain, especially in the muscles that surround the spine. Stiffness around the spine can often cause spasms of muscles, and this is usually associated with pain in the lower back and buttock muscles.
As you can see, many conditions could cause back pain. However, exercise will help relieve your pain by improving your strength and flexibility.
Types of exercises
Exercise is often used to treat back pain because it helps improve blood circulation throughout the body, alleviating some of the strain felt in muscles. There are many different types of exercises that one can use to treat back pain, for example:
- Slow-speed low-intensity aerobic exercises that target the trunk of the body.
- Exercise that focuses on flexing and bending at different joints includes spinal stabilizers, core muscles, and hip flexors.
- Aerobic exercises that target the cardiovascular system, such as swimming or jogging.
- General exercises that promote overall strength.
- Weight lifting is also a suitable type of exercise because it can help strengthen the muscles used to lift objects, which can help reduce the amount of strain placed on the back. Other types of weight lifting activities that you can perform include squats, deadlifts, and lunges. When performing each movement, make sure that you are doing it slowly and that your back remains as straight as possible. This will ensure that your body is working within its limits and not straining it too hard.
Contraindications to exercise
A physician should treat the following conditions before doing any type of physical exercise:
- Problems with your back are considered contraindications to physical exercise because of the amount of stress it would cause.
- There are too many different factors that can affect your back, which makes it even more important to consult a medical professional before allowing yourself to work through any pain you might feel.
- Strictly following the advice of your physician is essential if you want to ease some of this widespread pain.
Some other conditions can cause similar pains, for example, neck pain or muscle spasms, which means that any one of these conditions could flare up into something more severe. There exists a good thing – the Premia Spine TOPs System. It helps in spine surgeries and spine conditions treatments.
One of the most important things you can do is to remain patient and allow your body to heal itself before beginning any type of exercise.
Benefits of exercise
Many benefits can be gained from doing exercise.
- Apart from strengthening your core muscles, they also improve circulation. As mentioned earlier, this is vital for relieving pain because it can help remove blood build-up in the muscles, which could cause more strain on your body.
- There are other benefits that regular exercise provides, such as injury prevention, weight loss, and improved energy levels.
- The exercise shows an almost immediate effect on back pain when performed at least three times a week for half an hour each time. The results are cumulative, meaning that this exercise will provide long-term improvements in your health as well as short-term relief of the pain.
- Exercise can also help improve your general fitness, which means leading a more active lifestyle. It is important to remember that if you begin doing regular exercise, you should consult your physician first. This will ensure that you are following their advice and gaining the full benefits possible.
So, the extent to which pain can be cured by exercise depends on the type of back pain you are experiencing, among other factors. However, exercise can be used as a way to provide temporary relief from pain. As mentioned earlier, it is also beneficial for improving your general health. If you are suffering from back pain or have experienced it in the past, try exercising today. It is an effective way to help reduce the intensity of your pain and improve your overall health at the same time.