What is Essay Writing?
Essay Writing is one of the best ways to express your feelings, views, opinions, and experiences. Essay writing depicts the way a person perceives certain things. People prefer writing essays in order to communicate their thoughts more effectively.
Essay writing has significant skills development and academic functions. It allows you to practice and develop skills like reading, writing, critical thinking and analysis, organizing ideas and communicating your thoughts effectively. These skills are precious to you not only while you are a student but they are also beneficial when, after graduation, you enter professional life.
What are the benefits of Essay Writing?
Writing means putting your thoughts on paper which eventually makes us all writers, even if we are not professional writers. Here are some of the benefits of essay writing;
- Writing helps in enhancing your intellect as it equips us with communication and thinking skills. Through the process of writing, you build your thoughts, emotions, and sensations in a logical sequence by crystallizing them.
- Writing is the only way to express who you are, as an individual.
- Writing helps you to preserve your ideas and memories because when you will write about something you remember, it will help you recall your past.
- Writing makes your thinking and learning visible and permanent.
- Writing helps you in sharpening your skills with the word, syllable, and style that are essential for everyday life.
- Writing develops a better understanding of the world and people. Writing for an audience, allows you to think from their point of view. The real magic happens when the writer is caught in this wave of a reader, then he/she start to better understand the people.
- Writing essays also help in business and in pursuing a career as when you post essays on the internet, and then you will soon have an audience interested in your writing.
- Writing helps in improving your writing and verbal skills. Once you write something, you try to use good vocabulary which means that your writing will be more expressive, concise, and stylish than your actual speech. Soon these magnificently put together words, phrases and sentences will be used by you in your verbal communication. This will benefit you in both your personal and professional live.
- This practice of writing is also beneficial for your brain as your brain will become more sharp and active.
How to improve essay writing skills?
Following are some ways through which you can improve your writing skills:
- Time management is one of the prior things you need to consider while doing academic writing. Allocate adequate time for your research, outlining, writing and editing to avoid doing work at 11th
- Researching is the most powerful key which will help in giving perfection to your thoughts and views. Research helps you to prove things right or wrong. Research strengthens your opinions by giving your validity to the readers. This strategy is very helpful as it helps you to convince your readers so that they easily accept your views.
- You should use the right vocabulary. You should know what the words, you are using, actually mean.
- Your writing should be well structured and organized in order to grab the attention of the readers.