Atari has announced that they will be providing a massive OS update to the Atari VS. The video computer system will be coming out with a number of new features. The primary focus of this update is to make the console updated with the latest technology. After a lot of requests and issues reported from the group of players, Atari VCS has been updated with new features. Here is all you need to know about Atari VCS.
Atari VCS Free Update
The biggest addition to the Atari VCS will provide quality of life improvements to the video players. This new feature will help bolster the console in so many ways. It is going to be a new free update. The players can download it right now. You can enjoy the added features and might enjoy new features like the online leaderboards, public “Friends” profiles, dashboard notifications and so much more. The expanded support has been given by the game developers. The titles have become more compatible with the console.
Read More: Scream 6 Release Date, Cast, Story & All We Know So Far
Atari VCS Features
Atari VCS’s new features are listed below:
- Leaderboards: The players can track and compare scores all across their favourite Atari titles. The new online leaderboards will stack up against the rest of the VCS community. You can simply use your rank to brag. With new titles, the players can benefit from the Leaderboard feature. The Atari’s Recharged series will include more games like (Black Widow, Asteroids, Breakout) and so much more. The Atari VCS will provide support daily, weekly, and monthly leaderboards all through different regions.
- Public “Friends” Profiles: Enhancements have been made to the friend’s system. This will include the expanded public profiles and some other features. It is now easier to discover and connect with other players.
- DIY Developer Private Beta: With this new update, every VCS can turn into a dev kit. This change makes has made it easy for the developers to create content related to the Atari VCS. This creates a pathway for homebrew developers. The players can share content from the games and apps. The VCS users can share content with each other using this feature.
- Stella/Atari 2600 Integration: The popular Atari 2600 emulator system, Stella, is integrated now. It features the Atari VCS operating system. The integration of Stella has been designed with the classic and third-party Atari 2600 titles. The VCS Storefront is easy to access. VCS owners can now get the 2600 titles and will join the expanded collection of retro titles.
- And More: The players can enjoy facilities like dashboard notifications, USB camera support, and the latest Customer Support Tools.