Summer weddings offer so many opportunities for memorable receptions. You can bring your guests on a cruise by Next Level Sailing San Diego, party on a Florida beach, or feast on the top of a Colorado mountain. Having so many options available can be overwhelming, so here are some creative ideas to make your summer wedding reception a roaring success.
Why Get Married During Summer
There are many reasons why summer is the most popular season for weddings. One of the most significant is the weather. Summer days are typically warm and pleasant although, depending on where you hold the wedding, temperatures can get really hot around midday, which is something to take into consideration when you are scheduling times for the ceremony and reception. Daylight hours stretch long into the evening during the summer, meaning that you don’t have to rush photos for fear of losing the light, and you can keep the party going well into the evening. Summer is the growing season, so if you want to decorate with fresh flowers, you have plenty of options to choose from.
It may be easier for your guests to take vacation time during the summer to travel for the wedding than it might be at other times of the year. You might think that scheduling your wedding over a holiday, such as Memorial Day or the 4th of July, makes this easier for your guests. However, some people make other vacation plans for holidays, and your wedding could create a conflict. If you don’t have a reason why you have to schedule your wedding for a holiday, e.g., an important member of the wedding party can only get time off then, it is better to avoid it. If you do end up scheduling the wedding over a holiday, be sure to send out save-the-date notices as soon as possible so that people can work their vacation plans around it.
How To Host a Great Summer Wedding Reception
Your wedding reception should be authentic to who you and your future spouse are as a couple, whether that be traditional and formal or laid-back and casual. Here are some specific tips to make it great whatever the style:
- Start planning well in advance. Because summer weddings are so popular, you may be in competition with other couples for venues, and you may also have to contend with corporate yacht charters San Diego or other non-wedding events.
- If you are having the reception outside, have a plan for inclement weather. For example, a tent or canopy can provide shelter from rain and also shade from the sun.
- Pick a color palette of cool colors and light pastels. These will help everyone from the wedding party to the guests feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Choose locally sourced food and flowers whenever possible. Many are in season during this time, so you should have plenty to choose from, and this gives you an opportunity to show off your community to out-of-town guests.
- Speaking of showing off your community, use a San Diego visitors guide 2022 to plan some fun activities unrelated to the wedding before your guests return home.
Find more creative ways to make your summer wedding reception unique and memorable.