What is a process chart?
A process flow chart is a process map or a process diagram that shows the steps in an orderly process. It can be defined as a schematic representation of work or process. Process mapping involves detailed documentation of activities followed in any process which creates meaningful process maps. The process flows are drawn using different symbols each representing specific functions to be performed at various points within the process.
Process flow charts are now widely used in process improvement & understanding, product development, project management, etc., for better communication and easy understanding of complex processes. The most common process flow charts are organizational process flows, order fulfillment process flows, project management process flows, etc.
A process flow chart is very helpful for anyone who wants to run a business or has recently started a business and would like to know more about process flows. If you’re involved with process improvement, a process flowchart can help you understand what they are and why they’re important. You should create process flow charts that are easy to read and understand by following standards and best practices for creating professional process flowcharts to help your employees improve processes across your company.
Also, before you start writing your process flow charts, be sure to get everyone’s input on what they want it to look like since this will make everything go much smoother later on when people have a clear idea of how things are going to function.
Flow chart example
The figure below is an example of a flowchart.
Benefits of having a workflow chart
- Process flow charts can be very useful tools because they help us visualize a process, which allows us to recognize problems early on.
- They help us identify process elements that currently work and process elements that need improvement. They allow us to compare process options more easily because they show the process in its entirety. This allows for clear decision-making when making process changes.
- Process flow charts also serve as an inspection tool, allowing teams to monitor process performance regularly (i.e., monthly). Process control status is monitored on this type of chart using process management tools such as Pareto analysis, measurements of specific points in the process, or averages/means taken over all steps within it. The process flow chart can be used to quickly observe where exactly problems are occurring within a process or group of processes.
- The process map is a very useful tool that enhances the efficiency of an organization as it provides a pictorial representation of the workflow process. It allows for easy identification of process steps, their sequence, and inter-relationships between operations at various stages. In addition, it also helps in identifying loops or steps that have been left out inadvertently or not followed properly which can lead to wastage and repetition of work at later stages. Process flow charts provide a basis for improvement by allowing managers to identify process sequencing errors and identify areas for process optimization.
- Process flow charts can be used by process managers for process improvement, process analysis, process design, and process coordination. Process Flow Chart Symbols allow you to communicate complex information quickly so you can solve problems, make decisions and take action. They are visual problem-solving tools that help people follow a process or system with ease.
Find help from available examples of flowcharts online
Surely, having a flowchart in your business or organization is very helpful. If you need to create one, there are a lot of examples online that you can have for reference. If you’re looking for an easy tool to help you create flowcharts, Venngage is here for you. With our drag-and-drop interface and wide range of templates, creating your next flowchart has never been easier! We also offer expert advice on how to use them effectively so your audience will understand what they are seeing right away without having to search around the internet themselves. Head over today and try out Venngage now!