Who is Janet Jackson?
Janet Jackson is a famous American singer, actress, songwriter and dancer. She is a prominent figure who is considered one of the best artists in contemporary history. Her popular albums include control,” Rhythm Nation 1814,’ ‘The Velvet Rope’ and ‘Unbreakable.’
How old is Janet Jackson?
Janet Jackson was born on May 16, 1966, in Gary, Indiana, United States. According to her birth date, she is currently 53 years old.
Janet Jackson’s Physical Statistics and More
- Born name: Janet Damita Jo Jackson
- Nickname: Janet Jackson
- Height: 5 feet 4 inch or 1.63 m
- Weight: 58 kg or 128 lbs
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Religion: Islam
- Ethnicity: Black
- Eye color: Dark Brown
- Hair color: Black
- Siblings: Nine
- Marital Status: Married
- Children: One
- School: Lanai Road Elementary School, Portola Middle School
- Educational Qualification: Graduated from Valley Professional School
- Brand Endorsements: Pepsi’s TV Commercial, Nutrisystem’s Success program
What is Janet Jackson’s Net Worth?
Janet Jackson has established herself as one of the highest paid artists of the industry when she signed the first of two record-breaking multimillion-dollar contracts, in 1991.
According to 2020, net worth of Janet is estimated to be $190 million.
Janet Jackson’s Family, Husband and Kids
- Janet Jackson was born toKatherine Estherand Joseph Walter Jackson. Janet has 9 siblings and she is the youngest one.
- Jacket has total 6 brothers and 2 sisters. One of her brotherdied at the time of birth.
- In 1968, Janet’s five brothers (Jackie, Marlon, Tito, Michael and Jermaine) signed a contract with Motown Records. The Jackson Five ruled with such hits as ‘The Love You Save’and ‘ABC’.
- Janet Jackson married three In 1984, Janet started dating singer JamesDeBarge. Both elopedand married on September 7, 1984. Unfortunately, the love didn’t last for long. The couple split in March 1985.
- In 1985, Janet stared dating Rene Elizondo, a music director. The couple tied the knot on March 31, 1991, after dating for 5 years.Like before, this relationship also ended as Janet and Rene divorced in March, 2000.
- In April 2010, Janet met Qatari-born retail entrepreneur, Wissam Al Mana, during a hotel opening in Dubai. Both started dating in May 2010. The couple married in December 2012.
- Janet and Mana gave birth to their son Eissa Al Mana on January 3, 2017. The couple separated the same year.
Janet Jackson’s Albums
Following is the list of Janet Jackson’s albums;
- Janet Jackson, 1982
- Dream Street, 1984
- Control, 1986
- Rhythm Nation, 1814
- Design of a Decade, 1995
- The Velvet Rope, 1997
- All For You, 2001
- Damita Jo, 2004
- Y.O. ,2005
- Discipline and Number Ones, 2008-2009
- Black Diamond, 2020
Janet Jackson’s Awards
Following is the list of some awards won by Janet;
- Performer of the Year; Video/Recording field, 1988
- Quintuple International Platinum Award, 1990
- Best International Female Artist, 1998
- Commitment to life Award, 1999
- Award of Merit, 2001
- Female Pop/ Rock Female Artist, 2002
- Angel of the Year Award, 2003
- Award of Courage, 2013
- Icon Award, 2018
- Rock Star, 2018