Every year, the nominees in the various categories for movies and television shows are announced by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The nominations, which are voted on by the Academy, typically become a focal point of conversation among movie and TV fans days before they will be revealed on January 22nd.
The nomination ceremony will be broadcast at 8:00 pm EST on ABC.
How to watch: When and where to stream the nominations
The Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars, are an American film award ceremony. The awards are presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to recognize excellence in the film industry. The event is usually held in March but this year, 2019, it will be held on February 24th.
This year there are a number of ways to watch the Oscars.
The 2020 Academy Awards will be presented on February 24, 2022 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. The nominations have been announced and there are many films to choose from. Here’s a list of some of them:
It is time for the annual celebration of the year’s best films and television shows! Nominees were revealed today, and to make it easier for you to keep up with all the winners, we’ve compiled a list of five films that were nominated this year.
- Belfast (Laura Berwick, Kenneth Branagh, Becca Kovacik and Tamar Thomas, Producers)
- CODA (Philippe Rousselet, Fabrice Gianfermi and Patrick Wachsberger, Producers)
- Don’t Look Up (Adam McKay and Kevin Messick, Producers)
- Drive My Car (Teruhisa Yamamoto, Producer)
- Dune (Mary Parent, Denis Villeneuve and Cale Boyter, Producers)
- King Richard (Tim White, Trevor White and Will Smith, Producers)
- Licorice Pizza (Sara Murphy, Adam Somner and Paul Thomas Anderson, Producers)
- Nightmare Alley (Guillermo del Toro, J. Miles Dale and Bradley Cooper, Producers)
- The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, Tanya Seghatchian, Emile
- Sherman, Iain Canning and Roger Frappier, Producers)
- West Side Story (Steven Spielberg and Kristie Macosko Krieger, Producers)
The Academy Awards are an annual ceremony hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The awards are given out to professionals in the film industry. In 2020, the nominations for this year’s ceremony will be announced on January 22nd. The show will air on February 24th at 8:00pm PST/EST, which is followed by a live stream from ABC.