Traveling from one place to another can increase the chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. Staying home as much as you can is the best choice to protect yourself from getting affected. There are high chances that you get COVID-19 during your travels because you get in contact with many people during your journey.
There are times when you may feel well and don’t experiences any symptoms, but you can still be responsible for spreading COVID-19 to others. You and your travel companions can spread coronavirus to others and can also get affected by it if you don’t take proper measures. Here are some things you must consider for safe travels amid the pandemic.
Before you travel, consider the following:
Is COVID-19 spreading at your destination?
Make sure to check the COVID-19 cases at your destination. You are more likely to get infected during travel if you are going to a country that has many coronavirus cases. You are likely to spread the virus when you return.
- Check the COVID-19 cases in the country you are visiting
- Check out the Travel recommendations for the countries that are safe to travel around the world
- Do you live with someone who has an increased risk of COVID-19?
If you get infected when you are traveling, then there are chances of you spreading the virus to your loved ones even if you are not having any symptoms.
- Are you at an increased risk of severely getting ill from the virus?
People can get very ill when they are affected by the virus but older adults and people who have certain underlying medical conditions have more chances of getting affected by the virus.
- Does your destination have requirements or restrictions for travelers?
There are some states, and territorial governments that have set have requirements, such as wearing masks and quarantine requirements to stay home for up to 14 days.
Read more: How To Get Working Papers During Coronavirus?
What are the safety measures you must take while traveling?
If you must travel during the pandemic and you don’t have any other choice then you must follow some safety tips that can help you to protect yourself and your loved one from the virus. These tips will also allow you to keep others and there will be low chances of you spreading the virus to the destination you are traveling.
- Wear a cloth mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are out in public settings. If you have an underlying health disease or you are sick then wearing a surgical mask is an even better option.
- Avoid close contact with people while traveling. Maintain at least 6 feet distance from the person passing by you. Maintaining a distance from someone who isn’t from your household will also help you to stay safe and protected
- Make sure to wash your hands often if you get in contact with surfaces that are touched by many people. Use soap or a hand sanitizer that has at least 60 percent of alcohol
- Avoid contact with someone you feel is sick.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth if you haven’t washed your hand