Whatever café you own, having a menu is always a necessity. It can be of various shapes, formats, and contents, but following a concept makes you follow some principal rules to make it the most effective possible. But how to create a good design for your menu and save your time and resources? VistaCreate menu maker knows the answer.
Why appearance matters
The entire concept begins with the size and format and determines the decorative elements present on the menu. But all three aspects are equally significant because they define:
- comfortability – ease of use for customers and waiters (if any);
- readability – both dish name and composition should be easy to read;
- style – correlation with the whole place concept and style.
The last point plays a significant role in the impression on the visitors. And if the atmosphere is not that cozy or comfortable, no matter how perfect your dishes are, people prefer to search for a better environment to spend time in.
To create a good menu for your restaurant, you have to keep in mind the following:
- A place concept that makes it unique. For example, if your main idea is being simple, it would be better to avoid overloading your menu with decorative elements catching the eye before the menu contents themselves.
- Correlate the size, colors, and dishes’ presentation mode. It goes from the first point, but pay particular attention to how these factors correlate. Use accents to emphasize your main idea and involve text (decorative or functional) to bring more comfortability. Be careful about meal photos as they can equally attract or be repulsive.
- Consider modern tendencies. If an interior is the first impression, a menu is a second one that can strengthen or eliminate the first. Watch your guests’ preferences to understand better what they look for.
These factors are more global than some practical advice about how it is better to set your elements and shapes to reach the best result. However, practical ones are more specific and cannot fit some cases.
How to make one in VistaCreate
You won’t need much effort to make a menu in the VistaCreate editor. It’s an intuitive tool allowing you to concentrate on the formatting without unnecessary moves towards finding out how the software works.
To create a menu, you need to:
- Follow the link to the VistaCreate web page.
- Log in.
- Choose the size format (the default for menus in VistaCreate is 21 x 29.7 сm).
- Choose from the templates library or create a new one from scratch. You can also edit existing templates to modify them according to your requirements.
When it’s ready, download the file in a convenient format and print it.
Menus are an indispensable part of any café or restaurant, and designing a well-organized one is a challenge, sometimes. But VistaCreate eliminates most issues you can encounter. It gives you an open field for creative expression and provides comfort in the editing process.