Planning a move can be one of the most satisfying things that can happen to anyone. After all, moving allows you to get into your dream home in a better location – be it to give you access to a great neighborhood, better work, and even nice schooling. Regardless of the reasons, moves are an awesome way to open new opportunities in your life. However, once you start zeroing in on the many things you need to do for your move, planning for a house move can become pretty overwhelming real fast.
In fact, without the right kind of approach and preparation, your plans for your house move can start crossing over your daily routine and affect your other obligations. This can make the idea of a house move quite a turn off for your end – but this doesn’t necessarily mean that a stress-free house move is impossible. Thing is, you can find better ways of pulling off your move with the right planning approach. Here are some tips to consider:
- Submit and secure your requirements as soon as possible. One of the first things you should do once you finalize your move is to submit and secure your requirements as soon as possible. These include homeownership documents you might need to submit, utility requirements you need to acquire, or even securing documents such as clearances, certificates, permits, and even insurance for moving long distance. The sooner you get these done, the less chances there are of other things interrupting your moving process down the line.
- Manage your inventory as soon as possible. One of the next best steps to do once you finalize your moving timeline is to organize and sort your inventory. Through a spreadsheet or an organization app, you might want to list down items you own and what you want to do with them. These include giving data such as the quantity and quality of items, or even things like special notes and potential prices. That way, you know exactly which items you want to keep, sell, or even throw away. Doing this as soon as possible can help you sort your packing needs much faster as well.
- Consider shopping for both packing materials and new furniture on a single trip. Chances are, doing your inventory will let you know which items you own need replacement or even repairs. This can motivate you to get out, go to the mall, and just look at new furniture you could buy. Instead of just allocating a day for window shopping, you can use this opportunity to actually shop for packing materials as well. That way, you’ll maximize time you have outside to ensure you get to buy everything you need for your new home. This also allows you to sort your inventory more carefully, as you can sell or even dismantle things that you can replace with newer items.
- Pack across weeks instead of days before the move. It’s very likely for new homeowners to just pack their things a day or two before the house move – and this can result in very messy boxes and misplaced items. To avoid this conflict, you might want to consider scheduling your packing process weeks in advance. Essentially, this means allotting a day or two just packing non-essential items in each room, and then slowly packing more items as days go by. That way, you don’t need to scour deep in your packaging boxes to look for items you might need for the day, and you’ll have items ready for transport days or even weeks in advance to the move.
- Streamline your moving process with your daily routine. Instead of having to revolve your days around the moving process, try to make sure that you insert moving tasks within parts of your daily routine. Doing the former might risk compromising and harming your current obligations at work, at school, or at home. Whereas integrating your move with your daily routine ensures that you only use free time, paid leaves, and days off to handle parts of your move. Granted, this does increase time to move to around a couple more weeks or months, but this at least secures your schedule.
- Hire professionals to help you with your moving process. If you’re unsure about your schedule with your move, you might want to hire a full service LA moving company for your needs. Their manpower, skillset, and expertise should be able to help you manage your other moving needs while giving you enough time to handle other parts of the move. Thanks to their help, you’ll be able to tackle your move from a full-service perspective, meaning they’d be able to handle everything your move might need on the get-go. Likewise, these services also have specialized offerings that can help accommodate your specific needs.
House Moves: Plan Your House Moving Properly
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that it’s perfectly possible to plan for your house move properly without dealing with all the stress. In fact, moving plans can go according to schedule with the right approach and the right kind of planning. Hopefully, the above tips will be able to help you pursue a successful and more enjoyable house move without compromising your other obligations.