“To each his own,” so goes the old maxim. Many people apply it in their lives, especially when it comes to the choices they make. An excellent example of this is a person’s decision to pursue further studies even after he has graduated from university.
You may be one of those who aspire to reach greater heights where your academic qualification is concerned. And there is nothing wrong with that. Going back to school to pursue a postgraduate study is a decision only you can make, and no one can question you for it.
There is a postgraduate study that you can opt for to maximize your potential as an individual. We are talking about the doctoral degree, which will underscore your propensity and knowledge of a particular field of study. The term doctoral describes a savant – an expert in his chosen subject area. Indeed, it is an honor to be referred to as a “doctor” even if you are not a Doctor of Medicine by virtue of a university degree.
You have probably heard of people being called doctors even if they do not treat sick people. It can be quite confusing, but only because many people have the mistaken notion that the title doctor is exclusively dedicated to someone with expert know-how of the medical field. However, doctor is a broad term that can also apply to anyone holding a doctoral degree.
Understanding a Doctoral Degree
As mentioned in the preceding section, a doctoral is geared towards maximizing your expertise on a specific subject. It is a terminal degree, which means it is the highest possible degree you can get. There is nothing beyond that. A Doctor of Philosophy or Ph.D. degree is an example of a doctoral degree.
Some people confuse a Ph.D. degree with a doctorate, probably because a Ph.D. is commonly referred to as a doctorate in most countries. However, a Ph.D. and a doctorate are not the same. The term doctorate is an umbrella term for a degree, and a Ph.D. is under that umbrella. Aside from Ph.D., other doctorate degrees are being offered in universities across the globe. Some examples are:
- B.A. or Doctor of Business Administration
- Eng. or Doctor of Engineering
- C.L. or Doctor of Civic Law
- D. or Doctor of Psychology
- D. or Doctor of Jurisprudence (Juris Doctor)
- Mgt. or Doctor of Management
Over the years, a Ph.D. has become synonymous with a doctorate. Perhaps, one of the reasons behind it is that a Ph.D. is the most sought-after postgraduate degree in the United States. So many people have received and are still receiving this terminal research degree. Hence, if you want to be a Ph.D. degree holder, you will need to spend a considerable amount of time researching.
A Ph.D. program usually lasts four to six years, which is the same as a full-term bachelor’s degree. Nevertheless, to qualify for it, you will need to have gone through undergraduate (bachelor’s) and graduate (master’s) studies first. So, if it takes a minimum of four years to complete a bachelor’s degree and two years to get a master’s, you will devote ten years in total to your studies before you get awarded your Ph.D. degree.
To most people, ten years is feasible. However, to those who have other responsibilities to juggle along with the postgraduate studies, it is a long time. So, it is not surprising that some would rather buy a PhD than put forth the effort to go back to school for it.
A More Viable Option
“Should I buy a doctorate?” Again, as discussed at the start of this article, the choice to pursue postgraduate studies is yours alone. No one else can make the decision for you. However, you will do well to consider some things before you finalize your decision.
For one, as mentioned in the preceding section, completing a Ph.D. takes a minimum of four years. That is four years on top of undergraduate and graduate schoolings. If you are already working before you decided to pursue a Ph.D., you may have to quit your job to devote time to your studies. This problem is why others would rather buy a PhD degree online.
In addition, completing a Ph.D. or doctorate requires passing a comprehensive exam and submitting a dissertation. In case you are not familiar with it, a dissertation is academic writing based on your original research. It typically consists of 80,000 words, and because it will determine your eligibility to receive your Ph.D. degree or doctorate, it is not something you will tackle carelessly. It is not surprising, then, why others buy a PhD in the UK instead of trying to complete a dissertation on their own.
Aside from doing your research, you will need to look for a competent advisor to guide you along the way. Barring any untoward incident, you can complete your dissertation in about 20 months. That is more than a year and a half of grueling research, writing, proofreading, and editing. Imagine the amount of time writing your dissertation can take away from your job or family. If you are entirely devoted to your job or your family, you will not dream of sacrificing time away from either one. Therefore, your best option is to buy a PhD.
To Buy or Not to Buy
Of course, weighing your options is never easy. Going back to school and completing your Ph.D. degree or doctorate has its merits, like buying a degree online. As mentioned repeatedly, it is a choice you will have to make for yourself. Besides, once you already have your degree, none would be the wiser to guess the reality of how you got it.
Still, if you are still unsure whether you should buy a PhD or not, here are a few more arguments to consider:
- You will experience a different level of competency when you buy a doctorate.
- Given that it is the highest possible academic achievement you can aim for, it automatically puts you on the salary ladder’s higher rungs.
- You will explore better employment opportunities if you have credentials that prove you have a Ph.D. degree or doctorate.
- Having the title of doctor attached to your name can gain you social recognition.
- Having a Ph.D. degree or doctorate is a great way to boost your career.
- You will earn your colleagues and potential employers’ respect if you have a Ph.D. degree or doctorate. More importantly, you will be treated with respect in society.
- It costs a fraction of what you will pay for traditional schooling if you buy a PhD degree online.
- You can gain the trust of your business partners, clients, employers, colleagues, and friends if you have a doctorate or a Ph.D. degree.
- People will look at you as an expert in your field of activity.
- Either degree boosts your value in the job market.
- You can become an influential person in your specific domain of activity.
- Having either degree will put you on the shortlist of names that will be considered for a promotion or salary increase at work.
- A Ph.D. degree or doctorate gives you the right to teach at the university level.
It will be wise to consider the above reasons while you are trying to weigh your options.
How to Buy an Online Doctorate or Ph.D. Degree
There are plenty of advantages when you buy a PhD. Here are some of those:
- You no longer have to conduct research, attend school, take exams, and read thousands of book pages.
- You can say goodbye to long and exhausting coursework and hard-to-please professors.
- You no longer have to move away from home and live in a dorm.
- You no longer need to drive or commute to and from school and brave rush hour traffic.
- You can spend as much time with your family as you want while getting the degree.
- You can have your Ph.D. degree or doctorate without having to quit your job.
- You will save time, effort, and money.
Nevertheless, buying a Ph.D. degree or doctorate does not mean you can go ahead and commit yourself to the first provider you find. You need to understand that you should have some work experience in a field related to the subject area you are interested in. Moreover, you should have a good head on your shoulders and possess the right knowledge and skills so you can defend your degree when the opportunity presents itself.
It will help if you are already a working professional with strong skills before deciding to buy a doctorate. On the other hand, if you have all these prerequisites, you can start looking for an online Ph.D. or doctorate provider.
It would be best if you were meticulous when searching for a provider to ensure you do not end up dealing with scammers. Make sure the company you are dealing with is affiliated with the right organizations for online degrees. You can click over here if you want to get in touch with a trustworthy provider. In addition, the company must be affiliated with renowned universities. That one is important because the university’s name will be on the degree, and for many employers, a degree conferred by a world-recognized university is the endgame. Do not worry, because even if you did not receive the degree the traditional way, it is legal and verifiable with the conferring school. It is as legitimate as it gets, and most importantly, it can boost your value in the job market.