Some job seekers consider the overall salary to be more important than a great benefits package.
When it comes time to choose a new employer, vacation time, 401k match, and good medical insurance may be key factors.
A Monster.com survey in 2012 found that a healthcare plan was the most valued class of benefits, accounting for almost one-third of the value prospective employees would place on a benefits package. This strong finding is consistent in past Monster employee benefit surveys, which also revealed how important healthcare is for job seekers and employees.
Here is a list of benefits offered by the top U.S. commercial airlines. If you’re a pilot, flight attendant or mechanic and are looking for a job, these are some of the benefits that are available from major U.S. commercial airlines.
- Travel privileges: Employees, their immediate families, and their parents enjoy discounted travel privileges. Employees with at least six months service will be eligible for special travel passes. These include buddy passes that can also be shared with extended families and friends.
- Profit sharing plan: United shares its continued success and achievements with all employees through one the most innovative plans in any industry.
- Performance bonus: We believe operational reliability and excellent customer service are very important. Therefore, we offer a cash bonus plan to reward employees who meet United’s on-time departure, arrival and customer satisfaction goals each month.
- Perfect attendance program: The Perfect Attendance Recognition Program is a reward program that rewards employees who have exhibited perfect attendance for consecutive months or even years.
- Retirement benefits: United offers competitive retirement benefits such as a Savings Plan and 401(k). Benefits can vary depending on the workgroup.
- Vacation and sick pay: All full- and part-time united workers receive vacation time. Part-time and full-time employees can take sick leave to receive time off work, as well as pay for incapacitation.
- United offers immediate coverage for business travel accident insurance.
- Wellness program: This program helps U.S.-based employees who are eligible for benefits to make informed decisions about their financial, emotional, and personal well-being. Employees may be eligible to win prizes for engaging in healthy activities throughout each year.
- You can enroll your family, including spouses, in comprehensive dental and medical insurance.
- Vision insurance: Employees can choose to have coverage for vision exams, glasses, or contact lenses.
- Long-term disability coverage: Employees can choose to have income protection coverage for disability.
- United offers basic life insurance that is company-paid for employees. Optional life insurance can be purchased by employees for their family members and themselves.
- Long-term Care: This employee-paid program covers many of the daily living expenses.
- Flexible spending account: United workers have the option to use pre-tax money to pay certain healthcare and dependent care costs.
- Personal accident insurance: Employees can enroll in accident insurance to provide coverage for themselves as well as their family members in case of death or injury.
- Employee assistance program: This program provides identification, treatment referral, and clinical assessment for a variety of personal issues and concerns. These include relationship issues, elderly care, childcare, grief, and other life circumstances.
- Commuter benefits program: Employees can use pre-tax and after-tax dollars for transit passes/tickets and parking passes/tickets to commute between work and home.
- Employee discounts: Employees can take advantage of special discounts and offers to save on products, entertainment, and travel.
- Insurance for medical expenses
- Prescription coverage for full-time
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Legal group
- Flexible spending
- Life insurance
- Insurance for short-term disability
- Insurance for long-term disability
- Pilot license revoked
- Health risk assessment
- Programs for disease management
- Plan 401(k).
- Roth 401(k).
- Self-directed accounts (SDA).
- Guaranteed Profit Sharing (not available for LiveTV(r).)
- Stock purchase plan (not available for LiveTV(r).)
- Airline credit union
- Voluntary discount programs
- JetBlue offers standby travel at a reduced rate and free of charge
- Standby Travel Discounts on Other Airlines
- You have the option of a variety of medical coverage depending on your location
- Choose from 3 options for dental coverage
- Vision coverage through Davis Vision
- Program for domestic partners that includes vision, medical, and dental care
- Delta offers life insurance coverage up to $50,000
- Optional additional life/dependent/group accident/private Pilot insurance
- Optional Disability Benefit
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible expenses
- Employee Assistance Program, which focuses your mental and emotional well-being
- Automatic enrollment in a 401(k), automatic company contribution equaling 2% of eligible pay, and 100% match by the company for the first 5%.
- Eligibility begins on the first day of employment. The payout amounts and levels can vary each year, but Delta distributed more that 15% of its pretax income in 2007.
- Monthly payouts from a shared reward program based on company-wide goals.
- Credit union membership at the Delta Community Credit Union and other services
- Paid vacations, holidays and personal time
- You and your family members are eligible for free and reduced-rate travel benefits
- Matching gifts for education programs up to $2,000 annually
- Adoption assistance program that begins on the first day of employment. Eligibility
- Discounts for employees on a range of products and services
- Life Insurance
- Additional Benefits
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Savings Account for Dependent Care
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement
- Referral Program for Child and Elder Care Resource and Referral Program
- Mental Health Chemical Dependency/Employee Assistance
- Family and Medical Leave Act Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Vision, medical and dental coverage
- Health Spending Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending accounts are available to help you pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
- Insurance coverage for life, accident, and disability
- Our $uper $aver Plan 401(k), which offers tax-advantaged retirement savings, is available to you
- Additional benefits include auto and home insurance, as well as group legal coverage.
- Healthmatters is their award-winning wellness program.
- ·Myenvoyair is a regional airline operating in America since 1984. Formerly American eagle airlines, its maiden flight took off on November 1, 1984, and was operated by metro flight.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Share your knowledge
- Operational Performance Rewards
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid holidays
- Employee injury, illness and medical leave
- Vacation Donation Program
- Employee Assistance Fund (EAF).
- Employee Travel Privileges
- Employee Events