in Spite of the dramatic reports about the conditions on Board the two blocked rescue ships in the Mediterranean, EU member States have still not found a solution for the refugees on Board.

The Federal government relies more on a distribution of the 49 migrants. Government spokesman Steffen Seibert pleaded in Berlin for “a permanent, European, solidarity-based solution, and not new negotiations with each new ship brings to the refugees in front of a Mediterranean port”.

Meanwhile, it became known that on Board of the ship of the auxiliary organization, the Sea-Watch the food of migrants denied. “We fear that your mental and health condition deteriorates significantly,” tweeted the organization. Also on Board the “Professor Albrecht Penck” of the Regensburger NGO Sea-Eye, the situation had become tense earlier this week. “In the meantime, the drinking water and industrial water supplies of the ship to be interned in a strictly rational,” said the organization in the early Monday morning. The 17 Rescued on Board were asleep for more than a week in the infirmary, they shared only one toilet. Mattresses and a change of clothes there.

“It needs more solidarity between the member States,” said a spokesman for the EU Commission in Brussels. The intensive discussions with the EU countries had been continued over the weekend, and the authority are working on a solution so people could leave the ships quickly. The Commission will call on all EU States to make their contribution. In addition, it is in desperate need of a predictable and sustainable solution, as the migrants in the Mediterranean sea in the future will be dealt with.

Many of the already traumatized migrants suffer according to the organizations seasickness. The level of stress. Of two ships from the Maltese coast is visible – but you are not allowed to moor there so far. The Maltese government is allegedly against a distribution of more than 200 refugees to other European States.

Malta’s Prime Minister Joseph Muscat had previously made it clear that the country wanted to create with the Creation of ships not set a precedent. You have been following the situation closely, it could not but be, that each of the migrants ‘ boat, the “somewhere rescued in the Mediterranean sea and other countries will be rejected, and ends in Malta”. The EU-level interviews to clarify according to, who is responsible for the two ships and who will take responsibility, should there be a next Time.

Italy wants to take in the case of a European solution, according to the daily newspaper “Corriere della Sera” 15 of 49 migrants. Accordingly, Rome, Brussels and the governments in Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands and France are in contact. In Italy, the Vice-head of government: Luigi Di Maio had declared that they would allow children and their mothers into the country. Now the “Corriere should be included”, in addition also the fathers. That the government would move away from their port lock for the rescue ships, was not recognized.

dpa

SHARE
Previous articleWrong time, wrong man, wrong method – discussion of Scholz’s Chancellor-advance
Next articleTwo Germans in Egypt disappeared
Teodora Torrendo is an investigative journalist and is a correspondent for European Union. She is based in Zurich in Switzerland and her field of work include covering human rights violations which take place in the various countries in and outside Europe. She also reports about the political situation in European Union. She has worked with some reputed companies in Europe and is currently contributing to USA News as a freelance journalist. As someone who has a Masters’ degree in Human Rights she also delivers lectures on Intercultural Management to students of Human Rights. She is also an authority on the Arab world politics and their diversity.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here