Without doubt one of the most uncomfortable digestive conditions is diarrhea, the main characteristic of this condition is watery and soft stools; diarrhea is suffered when loose stools are evacuated three or more times over the course of a day.
There are two types of diarrhea : acute is the most normal and happens for a short time usually lasts 1-2 days and disappears alone; While the chronic is one that lasts for more days, at least for four weeks and is often a symptom derived from chronic diseases, it is often confusing since the symptoms can be continuous or intermittent.
There are several factors that trigger an episode of diarrhea, among the main causes are:
- The presence of a virus in the body can be influenza or rotavirus.
- Bacteria and parasites that contaminate food and water.
- Certain types of medications include antibiotics, cancer medications, and antacids, especially those containing magnesium.
- Food intolerances, sensitivity to certain food groups as the famous intolerance lactose and currently the gluten.
- Various stomach conditions, especially those that occur in the small intestine and colon.
- Conditions that affect the functioning of the colon such as colitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Among the main symptoms that accompany diarrhea are stomach cramps, imperative need to go to the bathroom and loss of bowel control. When it is derived from the presence of a virus or bacteria it is usually accompanied by chills, pain, and fever.
One of the main and most serious consequences of diarrhea is dehydration, which occurs when the body does not have enough fluid to function normally; It can become a serious condition if it is not treated.
Normally whey is a product that we buy in pharmacies, however preparing the homemade version is much more effective and economical; Its main task is to rehydrate the organism, encouraging the recovery of the electrolytes that are lost.
Homemade Whey Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 liter of purified water
- 2 lemons
- In a medium saucepan add the liter of water and let it boil, when this happens to add the sugar, salt, baking soda and the juice of two freshly squeezed lemons. Mix the ingredients perfectly.
- Rest and allow it to cool, once this happens if you wish you can refrigerate it.
- This drink is the perfect remedy to calm stomach cramps, promotes the elimination of toxins and most important of all is that it prevents dehydration caused by diarrhea. Consume little by little during the day between 1 and 1.5 liters, remember that it lasts 24 hours later loses its properties.