Blizzard Entertainment will be launching its latest event into Overwatch. The players can now jump into the 2022 Lunar New Year and can enjoy the latest event in the game. This event will have a usual array of new skins, sprays, emotes, voice lines, and so much more. If you are excited about the Lunar year event, then here is all you need to know about it.
Overwatch The Lunar Year Event Release Date
The Overwatch new event will be launching soon and the fans of the video game are super excited about it. The team is still ramping up for the release of Overwatch 2 and has been designing a lot of new content for the current game. The team will be releasing the usual events that they release often. The new event will be out on January 25th and will stay until February 15th.
Overwatch The Lunar Year Event: What to expect from the event?
The fans of Overwatch can celebrate the return of the Overwatch Lunar New Year event. The new event will be coming out with the latest festive cosmetics, weekly rewards, and returning brawls. If you want to welcome the occasion, then you should prepare yourself for new rewards for you to unlock. The team is all set to launch a lantern alight with Genji. You can play through the night with Orisa’s sparklers and will be able to don a New Year-ready attire. The players can witness the Seolbim Mercy and can go around the battlefield in Nezha Tracer’s fire-heeled shoes!
The event brawls for the players will be as follows:
- Bounty Hunter
- The player who will win the battle and score the first kill of the match will become the Target. The losers will become a Bounty Hunter
- When the Target is killed, you will be able to deal with the final blow as you will become the new Target
- The players can Capture the Flag Blitz
- CTF Blitz will be designed in a modified version of Capture the Flag. The flags will be much closer than ever before. They will be present at the locations that overtime games usually have.
- Get 3 captures, and achieve 6 to win!
- Capture the Flag
Here are the weekly challenges that the players will be able to explore in this new event.
- Weekly Challenges will be back in the Lunar New Year and will allow the players to unlock limited-time rewards. You can play at least nine games each week.
- Rewards will include the array of player icons, sprays, and Epic skins!
- Week 1: Prosperity Ashe
- Week 2: Auspicious Soldier:76
- Week 3: Porcelain Wrecking Ball
The players will be rewarded with a set of new cosmetics. You can change your avatar by using the following cosmetics.
- Seolbim Mercy (Legendary)
- Nezha Tracer (Legendary)
- Prosperity Ashe (Epic)
- Auspicious Soldier:76 (Epic)
- Porcelain Wrecking Ball (Epic)
- Player Icons, Sprays