In the past year, have been made in Germany around 185.853 asylum applications. This is a decline of 16 percent compared to the previous year, as the Federal government announced the Ministry of the interior in Berlin on Wednesday. Therefore, it was 161.931 initial applications, as well as just 23.922 subsequent applications – a total of well 36.800 less than 2017. In 2016, there were around 280,000 and in 2015, some 890,000 asylum seekers. The Federal interior Minister Horst Seehofer (CSU) announced at the presentation of the asylum figures for the year 2018 and the migration report for 2016/2017.
“the measures Taken had the desired effect”
The majority of asylum seekers came, according to the Ministry of the interior from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran, followed by Nigeria and Turkey. Federal interior Minister Horst Seehofer (CSU) said at the presentation of the Figures in Berlin, this showed that “the measures taken had the desired effect”. After the peak of the refugee situation in the autumn of 2015, a “continuous decline can be observed figures” of the asylum.
Other safe countries of origin: on asylum
highlighted in Particular the net migration spent, after deduction of the repayments and voluntary returnees in the last year, “well below the coalition agreement agreed corridor for the immigration of 180,000 to 220,000 people a year”, the Minister of the interior. Further efforts, for example, but also in the future “in the areas of creation of a Common European asylum system, or a more effective Feedback is essential”.
summer: 35% of applications are successful
Because even if the number was compared to the high level of previous years is now declining, “continue to come very many people to Germany, the need for protection of claims,” said the CSU politician. “We need, therefore, continues to be a regulatory, controlling and limiting refugee policy.”
35 percent of asylum applications were successful, said Hans-Eckard summer, the President of the Federal office for Migration and refugees (Bamf). The processing time of the requests have taken on average three months. The Bamf-in-chief campaigned for a temporary extension of the time limits for revocation checking. This examination is generally three years after the recognition of the refugee. It is looked at – before he receives a settlement permit if the foreigner has continued to be entitled to protection. It depends on the situation in the country of origin, but also of possible new findings on the identity. According to the summer, around 750,000 exams are coming up in the next few years. “This will tie up a large part of our resources,” said summer.
fs / DPA / AFP