Mo Farah is a British distance runner. He won many gold medals in 2012 and 2016. He is an Olympic gold medalist and won 5000 m and 10,000 m races. He is the second athlete in modern Olympic Games history to defend 5000 m and 10,000 m titles. He competes in the 5000 m and 10,000 m and has gained considerable success in the marathon. Mo Farah also achieved a British indoor record in the 3000 m. He holds an indoor world record for the two miles. If you are curious about Mo Farah, then you can explore him in this post.
Mo Farah Biography
Mo Farah was born in Mogadishu, Somalia in the year 1983. He is 36 years old. Mo Farah is one of the six children of Muktar and Amran Farah. His name is Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah. He was born in an Islamic family. He is a devoted Muslim.
The family migrated from Somalia due to the disturbances in the country. Mo Farah and his family moved to the UK when he was just eight years old. Mo Farah had trouble adjusting to his new environment because he couldn’t speak English. He went to the Isleworth & Syon School and later attended the Feltham Community College.
Mo Farah Career
- Mo Farah trained under coach Alan Storey in 2001. He won the 5000 m at the European Athletics Junior Championship title.
- He clocked a time of 13 minutes 9.40 seconds and became Britain’s second-fastest runner in 2006.
- He won the silver medal in the European Championship 5000 m
- Mo Farah also trained in Kenya and Ethiopia. He won European titles in 2010. Mo Farah then moved to Portland, Oregon, in 2011 and trained under American coach Alberto Salazar.
- In 2011 he gained a lot of success. He won the gold in the 3000 m at the European Indoor Championships. Mo Farah also won the silver medal in the 10,000 m. He also won titles in the World Championships in Athletics in Daegu, South Korea.
- His career reached greater heights in 2012. At the London 2012 Olympics, he won the Olympic gold medal.
- He continued to break records in the 2016 Rio Olympics. Mo Farah won gold medals at 10,000 m and 5000 m. He became the second athlete in modern Olympic Games history, for defending 5000 m and 10,000 m titles.
- Mo Farah participated in the 2017 World Championships in Athletics. He came second in the 5,000m event and was beaten by Ethiopia’s Muktar Edris.
- In March 2018, he took part in the London Marathon, Mo Farah won the inaugural London Big Half Marathon. He also won the Great North Run for the 5th consecutive time.
- At the Chicago Marathon, he won a gold medal in the marathon distance. He set a new record of 2 hours 5 minutes and 11 seconds.
- In 2019 he stated that he is considering competing in the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. This marked his participation in the fourth Olympic games.
Mo Farah Personal Life
Mo Farah is married to Tonia Nell. They have three children. The couple is blessed with daughters Aisha and Amani and a son Hussein. Tonia also has a daughter from her previous relationship. Mo Farah is also the stepfather of a girl named Rihanna.
Mo Farah Net Worth
Mo Farah is a part of the sports industry. He earns a decent amount of money through his profession. Mo Farah’s estimated net worth is said to be $5 million. His salary and assets are yet to be disclosed.