Karin Yamaguchi is a popular Japanese film, TV, and stage actress. She is the queen of every heart not only in Japan but in other parts of the world too. The critics have recognized her hard work and consider her as one of the top actresses. Her fans have loved to watch her onscreen over the years. She has done many successful films and shows as her career is long-lasting. Some of her most prominent works include The Castle of Sand (1974), Black Picture Album (1971), and The Long Darkness (1972). Here is all you need to know about Karin Yamaguchi.
Bio and Early Life
Karin Yamaguchi was born on May 10th, 1947 in Japan. She is 73 years old currently while her height is 1.6m. Since her childhood, she has been interested in acting and due to this passion, she continued it as a career. She completed her education at Toho Gakuen College of Drama and Music. While learning acting she picked up some of the best skills and portrayed into various roles. No matter what was the situation her parents supported her in all the endeavors.
Karin has had an active career and she has done a lot of work to date. The young actors look up to her as a source of inspiration and some even take acting tips from her. She has done diverse roles and has worked with every top producer and director. When she won the Elan D’or Award for Newcomer of the Year it was a big achievement at the beginning of her career. Her acting career started in 1970 with Morikawa Tokihisa’s “Youth Flag. She wanted to become a freelancer and left the Haiyuza Theater Company in 1979. It is not only the TV dramas and movies she has also worked successfully as a stage actress. Many fans were excited to know that is a former member of the Nippon Foundation Advisory Council.
- Where Florence Sleeps (2016) – Noriko Sato
- Dendera (2011) – Itsuru Obuchi
- The Castle of Sand (1974) – Sachiko Tadokoro
- Tokusou Nine: Season 3 (TV Asahi / 2020) – Machiko Sakamoto (ep.6)
- Aibou: Season 14 (TV Asahi / 2015-2016) – Kikuko Mineta (ep.19)
- Funeral Procession of Peter | Petero no Souretsu (TBS / 2014) – Yayoi Mori
- Keishicho Sosa Ikka 9 Gakari 7 (TV Asahi / 2012) – (ep.6)
- Bitter Sugar | Bitaa Shugaa (NHK / 2011) – Hiroko Ejima
- Gou | Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ (NHK / 2011) – Kouzousu
- Emergency Room 24 Hours 4 | Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 4 (Fuji TV / 2009) – ep.5
- The Perfect Path for Two 2 | Fufudo 2 (TBS / 2009) – ep.6
The total net worth of Karin happens to be around $ 1-$5 million. She has gained the entire name and fame through her acting career. The legendary actress is very much active on social media and people love to get all the latest updates on her. She leads a luxurious life and has a big mansion to live in.