There are various channels through which virus can find its way into your computers, Email is one of those mediums. Right from frequent transactions to transfer compulsory messages, email brings sensitive information all the time. And if this important data falls into the wrong hands, it can compromise our security considerably. Hence, protection against malware is unconditionally important for companies such as you to stay away from different email-related threats.
What does the virus do? in this “protection against malware” article, lets read about different security threats which virus can produce through emails and how to counter them. Check out malware protection by phishprotection.com.
Email malware can affect companies in the following ways:
- Through Malicious Attachments: Attachments can cause immense issues and is maybe the most effortless way for hackers to package their virus. And when unaware users download such malicious attachments they can easily get infected. Moreover, this is perhaps the oldest method which is still around for spreading malware through email.
- Through links to Malicious Web Pages: A second way of spreading malware through emails, deceptive links carried within mails leading unaware users to dangerous web pages holding virus. According to a recent survey approx a quarter of users will click a malicious link if they believe it’s from a friend.
- Through Enticing Mails or Phishing: Social engineering takes place next, by using this technique, unaware users are normally scammed through “enticing mails” with subject line such as, “You just won a lottery”, “You just won a prize bond” or “You won a free tour” etc, that push them to part with tactful information.
- Via Ransomware: Ransomware, which causes destruction last year, is generally spread through emails. When it comes to being used as a medium for spreading malware, this just goes to prove the popularity of emails enjoys among the hacking community. It also confirms the reality that companies need email protection tools to live down against ransomware attacks.
How To Counter Email Malware? Malware Prevention Best Practices
At the moment, the question is “how can you find email malware?” ( beware, malware and ransomware spread into a network through emails by infecting them). Companies need to first protect their email server (server which used to send and receive emails), for phishing and malware protection. And for that purpose, they definitely need tools for phishing and malware protection.
Malware Prevention best practices through tools
- Zero-Day Malware: Zero-day malware is the most savage weapon of the cybersecurity threat landscape of today. Not for a moment before observed malware attack, the resolution of which is so far to be begun by the security community, which cannot be handled without proper email protection tools.
- Spamming: Uninvited mails cause another great challenge. Spamming normally gets hold of many forms each with various aims, from online ads with people trying to advertise something to malicious hackers trying to pollute user inboxes.
- Malicious Attachments: Afterwards, there are malicious attachments available for download, which generally holds malware, and when downloaded can affect your computer badly. Yet, to protect your computer from this incident, you need to use email protection tools.
These malware prevention best practices will protect your enterprise network from email malware. Moreover, tools for protection against malware will allow only clean emails to enter through your networks, which in turn indirect your network is safe from email malware and other related mail threats.