Do you need to lose weight?
Find out if we should lose weight is the first question to ask yourself before starting a diet. But do you need to lose weight? When should you lose weight? Here are some tips to know.
The volume of fat and BMI Beyond your weight and even your weight/height ratio, The more interesting thing to know if we should lose weight and therefore go on a diet and fat volume. In other words, two people weigh the same if one of them is fat and the other very muscular, their need to lose weight is not the same.
To find out if you are too fat or not, we base ourselves on the famous BMI: body mass index. Depending on your BMI, you’ll know if your body contains too much fat or not, and can take effective steps to lose that fat.
BMI is calculated as follows: weight in kg/square of height in meters.
For example, if you weigh 65 kg and you measure 1m70, then your BMI is equal to 65 / (1.70 * 1.70) 22.5.
What is the optimal BMI?
The optimal BMI differs in men and women.
- In women, BMI should ideally be between 19 and 24.
- In men, BMI should ideally be between 20 and 25.
- If your BMI is between 25 and 30, then you probably need to lose weight. If your BMI is
- even higher (greater than 30), it is usually a sign of obesity.
All these calculations do not interest me!
Some people are a little put off by these figures. Although they are always interesting to consider and provide relevant information, there are other criteria that must you put a flea in his ear about weight loss necessary.
- Are you breathless when you climb stairs or have to do a little traveling on foot?
- Are you fulfilled in your outfits?
- More generally, you feel good about your body?
- Simply ask these few questions usually can get face to himself and not to lie about whether or not you need to lose weight.