The collapse of a multi-storey residential building in Istanbul, were killed on Wednesday at least two people.

Six were rescued till late in the evening, as the government reported close to the media. After a further Burials will also be searched for in the darkness a fever. In the case of CNN Türk, stated that the first evidence that 15 people could be buried under the rubble. In the house 43 residents had been registered. How many residents were at the time of the collapse of the home, remained unclear.

The state-run news Agency Anadolu reported in the early evening (local time), state President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have interior Minister Süleyman Soylu, and Minister for the environment and urban planning Murat Kurum, asked to go to the site of the accident.

Also speaker of Parliament Binali Yildirim, a former Prime Minister, appeared. According to media, the Prosecutor’s office imposed a ban on the early evening (local time) Reporting.

To the number of floors of the residential building, there was initially conflicting information. The news Agency DHA said six storeys, Anadolu seven, CNN Türk seven plus basement, at times, the speech was also of eight floors.

the Governor of The province of Istanbul, Ali Yerlikaya said in front of television cameras, three floors had been illegally built. In the house have been a “textile Atelier”, had no permit for the operation there. He does not know – he asked for patience and prayers. He warned, moreover, rest at the scene of the accident, so rescuers calls for help from Victim to hear. Television images showed, as dozens of helpers climbed on the huge piles of rubble around. The Anadolu news Agency that at least 86 of the rescuers and 26 cars of the fire brigade were on the site initially.

The house in the district of Kartal on the Asian side of the Turkish metropolis had fallen together in the afternoon. What had caused the collapse, remained unclear.

Similar collapses in Istanbul are not uncommon. The cause of the poor construction is often. Only in July was broken in the Beyoglu district, a four-storey house, after a landslide had undermined the Foundation.

In February of 2016, had fallen together in the centre of Istanbul, a five – storey house-as if by a miracle nobody was injured, because the house in the collapse was empty. It was in a parallel street to the tourist pedestrian street of Istiklal near Taksim square.

dpa

SHARE
Previous articleThe Pope confesses: priest held the nuns in sexual slavery
Next articleMay to new Brexit talks in Brussels
Teodora Torrendo is an investigative journalist and is a correspondent for European Union. She is based in Zurich in Switzerland and her field of work include covering human rights violations which take place in the various countries in and outside Europe. She also reports about the political situation in European Union. She has worked with some reputed companies in Europe and is currently contributing to USA News as a freelance journalist. As someone who has a Masters’ degree in Human Rights she also delivers lectures on Intercultural Management to students of Human Rights. She is also an authority on the Arab world politics and their diversity.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here