In an Explosion in front of a shopping center are killed in the Philippines at least two people, and another 24 have been injured. The incident occurred on Monday near the South Seas Mall in Cotabato in the South of the country, officials said.
Shortly before new year’s eve, hundreds of people in the shops had been on the road for the festivities to shop, police said.
A second bomb was exploded, we had been later discovered on the same street, shared with the military. Among the injured is a four year old girl and at least three teenagers, police said.
the First investigation that it was self-made explosive devices. The first bomb is supposed to be in the midst of stalls hidden when it exploded. “The second bomb was left in a hurry,” said major General Cirilito Sobejana.
Islamist rebels would be made for the bomb attack, said Sobejana. Shortly before a planned referendum on the situation in the Region is tense: In January, the residents should decide on the creation of the new Autonomous Muslim Region of Bangsamoro in the South of the island state.
The Moro Islamic liberation front (MILF) had been fighting since the late 1970s for an independent Islamic state. Thousands of people died in the clashes. After 17 years of negotiations, the government and rebels of the MILF had closed in March 2014, peace. In the Region, other militant groups are active.