Alex Trebek is a famous American television personality who is widely recognized for hosting a game show on NBC which is named Jeopardy. He has been a part of this show since a long time now as he first joined it in 1984. The popularity of the show doesn’t slow down so it continues to win the hearts of millions. He has done many other famous radios and television shows as a host and covers special events for CBC channel. You may not know many details about him so let’s discuss all the details regarding his personal and professional life too.
- As you all must be aware that Alex has been hosting the NBC show Jeopardy since 1984 and the show even got named in the Guinness book of the world record for having many episodes in a single show.
- He is loved for being quick-witted and a sense of humor is wonderful as well
- He has played his real-life character in some of the famous television shows or films he did
Early life, hometown and age
Alex was born on 22nd July 1940 in Canada. He was born into a respectable family and followed traditions very efficiently. He has a mixed background of French and English. He completed his degree in Philosophy which later laid the foundation of his hosting career as well. He is 79 years old currently and height is 1.73 m. He was born as a Canadian but became an American citizen to pursue his career.
Net worth salary and income
The net worth of Alex is estimated to be $50 million while his yearly income is about $10 million. He has a successful career which has been flourishing over the decades and continues to rule the hearts of many all over the globe. He has a huge house which is built on a big property. He also owns a farmhouse where he has kept many lavish things and likes to use it as a vacation home.
Personal life, wife and family
The relationship history of Alex was always open in the media he got married to a businesswoman in 1974 but they broke up after a few years. He did not have any child from this woman and later married another woman Jean Currivan and they were blessed with two kids.
Alex announced that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer
Sometime ago Alex was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and he shared the same with his fans. His family was sad but is happy to see his determination and fighting spirit as he wants to recover soon. We wish him luck so he recovers as soon as possible.
Awards and achievements
Alex was nominated 5 times in a row by the most prestigious Emmy awards for the best host category. He was given the Peabody award in 2011 for his famous show Jeopardy. He received a lifetime achievement award from the National academy of arts and sciences.
Read More: Teresa Giudice Net Worth
Some of the most famous and loved TV shows in Alex’s career are as follows
- Wizard of Oz
- High rolers
- To tell the truth
- Double dare
- Music hop
Interesting facts about Alex you did not know
- Alex was a Canadian but he moved to America and became an American citizen in 1998
- He started his career as a newscaster for a Canadian channel
- He supports many charity organizations
- He holds the world record and has featured in Guinness book for hosting Jeopardy since the longest period of time