The Torchlight procession of neo-Nazis on the former Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg, it has been observed by civil servants. A spokesman for the police said on Thursday, before nordbayern.de had reports about it.
The two officials have taken over the further observation of the right-wing extremists, after they had left on Saturday evening from a refugee accommodation in Nuremberg-Langwasser, and pulled with burning torches to the former rally grounds of the Nazi party. There they were on the Zeppelin grandstand, in the 1930s, Adolf Hitler had spoken.
to direct Intervention had not been for reasons of self-protection of the officers “tactically expedient,” said the spokesman. Previously, the police had given to the progress of the action is not sufficiently recognized, and regretted, “that a right-wing grouping needed such a historically charged place for your propaganda purposes”.
the country’s interior Minister Joachim Herrmann (CSU), described the police operation in the Bavarian radio (BR) as a “not very happy”. That neo-Nazis staged at this location, was “totally unacceptable” and should be prevented in the future strictly. It will work on a concept for the as a memorial of the NS-history of an imaginary place. The city had to consider whether the access is to be restricted to the stands.
The President of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, Josef Schuster, called the parade an “intolerable provocation”. The neo-Nazis would have had to be kept on the evening. Because the Involved parties, the police would have to be known, they should be held accountable. “It’s not about individual police officers to the pillory, but such marches to prevent in the future. This was not the first incident of this kind in Nuremberg,” said Schuster.